|Release notes for MC# 2.2 ( 10.09.2009 )|
MC#.Runtime, v. 18.104.22.168023
Task challenge : 21 Solutions = 314666222712
Number of movable calls: 4200
Number of channel messages: 87108
Number of movable calls (across the network): 4200
Number of channel messages (across the network): 4200
Total time: 00:02:55.3579270 / 175.357927 sec.
The "User's Guide" in the installation package of MC# Programming System contains the scripts and samples of running of MC# programs as jobs through the different batch systems - PBS/Torque, Task Running Management System (TRMS), Cleo.
2. The installation package for both (Windows and Linux) versions contains a tutorial "Introduction to programming in MC# language". In this tutorial the novel features of MC# language as async- and movable methods, channels, handlers and chords are explained in detail. The tutorial contains a series of samples which demonstrate the specific constructs of MC# language in action. These samples include
- computation of Fibonacci numbers,
- all2all program,
- Conway's "Game Of Life",
- LINQ based image rendering,
- N-Queens problem.
3 . Section "Examples" of the installation package contains a standard HPC (High-Performance Computation) test RandomAccess for multicore machines. The specification of the test can be found at http://www.hpcchallenge.org/class2specs.pdf. The code of RandomAccess in MC# and corresponding comparisons with PFX (Parallel Extensions for .NET) and C/C++ versions can be found at "Examples" page.
4. Section "Publication" contains an abstarct of the paper "A formal basis for the MC# programming language". In particular, it contains a description of the type system for the "C-calculus" - a concurrent object calculus.
5. The several bugs in MC#-compiler has been fixed in this release.